Enjoy these yoga articles, yoga videos & links from Julie Lusk. Julie Lusk is author of the Yoga Nidra for Complete Relaxation & Stress Relief, Yoga Meditations Book & CD Set; 30 Scripts for Relaxation, Imagery & Inner Healing – 2 Volumes; Desktop Yoga ® and numerous CD’s. Click Here for details and ordering info.
♥ Click on the blue links for free articles
♥ Scroll down ↓ for your Free Yoga Basics Guidebook
♥ Complete Catalog of books, recordings & more
Physical postures are mastered when practiced mindfully, effortlessly, and with awareness of the Infinite.
– Yoga Sutras 2.47
What is yoga?
- What is Hatha Yoga. What type of poses are practiced and some of the benefits
- The Essence of Yoga
- Yoga Postures & Pictures (pdf)
- Scroll down for your free Yoga Basics Guidebook by Julie Lusk (eBook download)
How to choose a class?
- How to choose a yoga class: Getting Started
- Julie’s current class schedule (greater Cincinnati area – Milford, Anderson, OH)
- Julie’s national and international workshop schedule
Yoga Articles on Breathing Techniques (Pranayama)
- Benefits and how to do
Yoga Sequences and a few Free Videos
- Good to the Core: Yoga to strengthen & flatten abdominal muscles, tone back, legs, hips & more
- Yoga for a Healthy Heart
- Salute to the Moon (Chandra Namaskar) (with video)
- Sun Salute: With a cat (Surya Namaskar) (with video)
- Superbrain Yoga ® (with video)
- Take a 2-hour Power Nap in 10 minutes (with video)
- Strengthen Bones with Yoga & Diet (with video)
- Eye Exercises to improve vision and brain function
- Brain Yoga supercharges your memory, concentration, mood, etc. Get specialized postures, breathing methods, meditations, guided imagery and mudras
Yoga Nidra for Deep Conscious Relaxation
- Yoga Nidra FAQ Julie Lusk that explains
- What is Yoga Nidra?
- Is it different than meditation and hypnosis?
- How it is done. How often.
- Benefits of yoga nidra
- Yoga Nidra FAQ on Setting Intentions & Sankalpas
- Yoga Nidra’s Benefits
- How to Practice Savasana, the Relaxation Pose
- Yoga Nidra and Sleep One hour of yoga nidra practice is equivalent to four hours of sleep. This is due to the series of brain waves experienced along the way. (Saraswati 1998, Kumar 2008)
- Learn about Yoga Nidra and Your Brain. It’s fascinating!
♥ Yoga Nidra Teacher Training for Teachers & Health Professionals is available now. Learn more here.
♥ Yoga Nidra for Complete Relaxation and Stress Relief, Julie Lusk’s newest book available now! Get it in French and Italian. It will soon be available in Spanish and in the Czech Republic!
♥ Yoga Nidra: Real Relaxation CD / MP3 by Julie Lusk is on SALE Practicing yoga nidra enhances energy, improves immunity, increases heart health, relieves stress, brings inner peace and balance
♥ Scroll down for your Free Yoga Basics Guidebook
♥ Complete Catalog of books, recordings & more
Yoga Articles on the Chakras
- Find out about your powerful energy centers called chakras
- Buy your Complete Chakra Chart by Julie Lusk
♥ Get your copy of Yoga Meditations Book & CD set by Julie Lusk (Whole Person Press Publisher)
- Cultivate the Positive: Pratipaksha Bhavana
- Power of Presence CD featuring Cultivate the Positive, Sinking Into Sensation, Energy Breathing & Everybody is Here
- Sa Ta Na Ma Meditation: Kirtan Kriya
- What is Mindfulness & Why it Matters
- Mindfulness Meditation Warnings & Alerts
- Gain from Guided Imagery & Relaxation
- Stop ~ Look ~ Listen Meditation
- More on Meditation, Guided Imagery & Relaxation
- Meditation on the Fly: Handling Distractions (video)
- Loving Kindness Face Lift
♥ Complete Catalog of books, recordings & more – includes Yoga Meditations, Yoga Nidra & others
Yoga Articles on Mudras (hand gestures)
Mudras are yoga positions, gestures, and seals for your hands and fingers that facilitate health, healing, psychological balance and spiritual transformation. Some mudras use the whole body and breath. They are effective, easy to learn, practical and powerful, and anyone can do them.
- Intro to Yoga Mudras (beneficial yoga hand gestures / postures for the hands)
- Yoga mudra handout: Description, uses, how to’s, & mudras for physical and emotional health. (pdf)
- How to do mudras for:
- Allergy Relief: Bhramara Mudra
- Achieving Goals, Finding Objects & more: Kubera Mudra for Confidence
- Energy, confidence and courage and reducing fatigue and nervousness: Pran Mudra
- Headaches: Mahasirs Yoga Mudra
- Temperature Control, Stamina and Equilibrium: Ring Finger Mudra
- Brain-Body Balance, Problem-Solving, Focus: Hakini Mudra
- Contentment: Vishnu Mudra and Nasagra Mudra for Alternate Nostril Breathing / Nadi Shodhana / Nadi Suddhi
Desktop Yoga ® by Julie Lusk ~ published by Penguin Putnam Books
Stay alert, productive and stress-free with effective chair exercises to relieve aching backs, tired eyes and tight shoulders. Replenish your energy by learning ‘How to take a two-hour nap in two-minutes.’
- Yoga Sayings, Quotes and Poems
- Yoga Mantras & Chants
- The 4 keys to unlocking lasting happiness
- World’s Oldest Yoga Teacher (video)
- Blessing in the Chaos ~ Jan Richardson
- Follow Your Heart’s Desire according to Alan Watts (video)
- How to Make a Yogatini
- Never Give Up: How Yoga Transforms (video)
- In These Arms: May all beings be happy, safe & free with Jennifer Berezan (video)
- New Moon: How to Gain from its Power
- Wabi-Sabi: The Power of Imperfection
- To Hiss or Not to Hiss
- My Meeting with the Dalai Lama
- Do it Anyway by Sal Spalenger
- Holiday Energizers
- ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas Yoga Poem
♥ Get your Free Yoga Guidebook by Julie Lusk featuring:
- Important Guidelines for the Practice of Yoga
- Benefits, Cautions and Contraindications for yoga poses
- Yoga Asana Chart ©
- Alignment Guidelines and Selected Warm Ups to Open Joints and Warm Muscles
- Yoga Guidelines for Health Conditions (arthritis, back problems, cancer, high blood pressure, menstruation, pregnancy, PMS and menopause, etc.)
- And more!
Julie Lusk, MEd, E-RYT 500, has more than 35 years of expertise in stress relief, yoga, relaxation training, guided imagery, and meditation as an international author, recording artist, and workshop leader. Julie is the author of Yoga Nidra for Complete Relaxation and Stress Relief, Yoga Meditations, two volumes of 30 Scripts for Relaxation, Imagery and Inner Healing, and Desktop Yoga®. Her audio downloads and CDs include Wholesome Relaxation, Power of Presence, Yoga Nidra Essentials, Blue Moon Rising, and many others. Learn more at WholesomeResources.com