Get some ideas for sleeping more soundly below.
Welcome to the 4 am club. It’s well attended.
People come and go freely. There are no membership fees.
Some people bring their physical pain: headaches, backaches, restless legs.
Some bring their soul pain. The language of tears is spoken.
Emotions circulate around the room: fear, sadness, shame –
– all the ones that crawl under the bed when daylight comes.
Often prayers are whispered. Blessings are blown across the miles to loved ones.
Healing incantations are said for those who suffer.
Peace is yearned for.
Thanksgivings echo through the night.
In the generosity of darkness and silence, dreams are remembered –
– nighttime dreams, childhood dreams, daydreams awaken forgotten pathways.
From time to time, joy pops in for a visit. So do the cats.
Lured by magic, they find their way to a warm lap and doze off.
Visions of beauty show up and creative weavers wander around, aimlessly.
Sometimes a mysterious focus grabs hold.
Then, a light appears in the darkness, revealing unfathomable love,
That holds everything together.
~~ Jackie Sabath
- Sleep Solutions – Yoga Style Good ideas to help you sleep better.
- Ever feel Half awake – Half asleep at night? Why it happens and how to handle it.
- Find out if the side you sleep on matters (it does). Learn about side-sleeping
- Try using yoga nidra as a sleep aid. Check out Yoga Nidra Meditations on Audible
See a short video on how yoga nidra helped her insomnia.