I never thought I’d ever be a writer, national speaker or recording artist. In fact, I had good reasons for those beliefs, but that’s a different story. But here I am, living proof that if you allow the flow of life, intuition, grace, good relationships, synchronicity, inspiration and action to be your guide and foundation, surprising things happen. Somehow, your own true purpose and path will find you and support your efforts (yes, it also takes honing your skills and hard work too).
These days, I’m fortunate to regularly offer weekly yoga classes in-person and virtually. National and international workshops on yoga, meditation, guided imagery and deep relaxation are given. This combo gives me a nice balance of having the joy and comfort of cultivating ongoing relationships and watching people grow in body, mind and spirit, with the stimulation and challenge of designing original workshops and retreats, meeting new people and traveling to interesting places.
Businesses, schools and various organizations often invite me in to offer training in Desktop Yoga (R), stress management, and wellness strategies. It’s so rewarding to watch people begin feeling energized and empowered on the spot!
I love learning. I earned a graduate degree from VA Tech in counseling and have received training in numerous types of yoga ranging from extremely relaxing to quite vigorous. This centered me on the middle path. There have been plenty of courses and retreats in yoga nidra, meditation, guided imagery, deep relaxation, energy work, and music. Of course, living life, and my family and friends, have taught me the most. See more about my education, training, and publications here.
Wholesome Resources is the interesting business I developed over 20 years ago. We believe that stress relief, wellness strategies, and mind-body techniques are essential ingredients for personal and professional happiness. We offer training and workshops for large and small groups at both worksites and retreat centers. Individual mentoring too.
In the past, my work has included being regional director of six hospital-based holistic health and wellness centers (2 yrs), director of a health management center at a large medical clinic (10 yrs), assistant dean of students at a liberal arts college (7 yrs), director of a community college special services program (4 years), volunteer director of the Alive & Well Coalition (5 yrs), an awareness counselor in WV (2 yrs) … and other duties as assigned.
My home, with my husband and dogs, is in the greater Cincinnati area. For fun, I enjoy making friends, hiking, playing music (flute, drums, harmonium, didgeridoo), making art messes, and reading all sorts of stuff. I look forward to meeting you!
Julie Lusk, M.Ed., NCC, RYT-E500
Wholesome Resources ~~ Founder & Chieftess
Wholesome Resources and Services Provided
Julie is available as a business and conference speaker and consultant to groups and individuals. Her books, recordings and other materials are plentiful.
Presenter and Professional Speaker (partial list)
- Businesses: Procter & Gamble, Fidelity Investments, General Electric, City of Staunton, Ethicon/J&J, Xpedx, Convergys, Cincinnati Bell, Lewis-Gale Medical Center, Allstate Insurance and more
- Yoga and Meditation Centers: Kripalu (19 years), Jesuit Spiritual Center (9 years), Discovery Yoga (4 years), Sivananda / Bahamas, Satchidananda (10 years)– Satchidananda Ashram/Yogaville (7 years) and more
- Colleges and Universities: University of Cincinnati, Roanoke College, Virginia Tech, University of Western Australia, Hollins College, and more.
- National Conventions: National Wellness Conference (16 years), NICABM ( 10 years), Speaking of Women’s Health (4 years), National Flute Convention (2 years), International Symposium on Community Health (Washington, Hong Kong, Japan) and more.
- Non-Profit Groups: American Heart Association, American Cancer Society, Jamaican Cancer Society, Council of Community Services, American Red Cross and more.
- Yoga Nidra Meditations: 24 Scripts for True Relaxation, Llewellyn, Woodbury, MN. 2021
- Yoga Nidra for Complete Relaxation & Stress Relief, New Harbinger Publications, Oakland, CA. 2015
- Yoga Meditations: Timeless Mind-Body Practices for Awakening, Whole Person Associates, Duluth, MN. 2005
- Desktop Yoga, Penguin Group / Perigee Books, New York, NY. 1998. Translated into Spanish, Dutch and German
- 30 Scripts for Relaxation, Imagery and Inner Healing, Vol. 2, Whole Person Associates, Duluth, MN. 1993
- 30 Scripts for Relaxation, Imagery and Inner Healing, Vol. 1, Whole Person Associates, Duluth, MN. 1992. Translated into Spanish and Italian
- Refreshing Journeys and many others (Whole Person Associates, Duluth, MN)
- Real Relaxation: Yoga Nidra (Kunaki Publishers / WR)
- Guided Mindfulness Meditations (Health Journeys)
- Yoga Nidra: Guided Meditations for Relaxation & Renewal (Health Journeys)
- Sa Ta Na Ma Meditation (Kunaki Publishers / WR)
- Power of Presence CD (Kunaki Publishers / WR)
- Wholesome Relaxation CD (Kunaki Publishers / WR)
- Wholesome Energizers CD (Kunaki Publishers / WR)
- Blue Moon Rising CD (Kunaki Publishers / WR)
- Many other
- Mind Body Mastery: Guided Imagery, Meditation, Real Relaxation
- Stress Solutions Now
- Power Napper – Guided Relaxation
- 108 Easy Energy Answers
- Yoga on the Go (coming soon)
- The Original Desktop Yoga (coming soon)
- Desktop Yoga Strategies to Calm Down, Get Energized, Spark Creativity & Reduce Frustration (coming soon)
Her clients have included Procter & Gamble, Fidelity Investments, University of Cincinnati, General Electric, City of Staunton, Ethicon/J&J, Xpedx, Convergys, Cincinnati Bell, Lewis-Gale Medical Center, Allstate Insurance and more.
Julie has developed stress management materials and wellness programs for such organizations as the City of Staunton, Roanoke College, Medco Health and many others.
Her relaxation, imagery and affirmation CD’s are being used on an ongoing basis at Good Samaritan Hospital, American Heart Association, Hospice of Cincinnati, St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center, American and Jamaican Cancer Societies, VA Tech and other organizations nationwide.
She has appeared as a guest on numerous radio and television shows for CBS, ABC, FOX, ESPN and NBC affiliates, as well as South China Morning Post and Hong Kong Metro News Radio.
Yoga Journal, New Woman Magazine, Cincinnati Enquirer, Business Courier, Vegetarian Times, Body& Soul Journal for Holistic Living, Cincinnati Woman, IDEA Today, Roanoker, Wellness Management, among other publications, have featured Julie’s work in articles.
Julie’s Professional Awards and Commendations include
- National Certified Counselor since 1985. Julie was a Licensed Professional Counselor in Virginia for 20 years
- Registered E-500 Yoga Teacher via the Yoga Alliance since 2001
- YACEP (Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider) since 2015
- Award for Excellence in Health Promotion – Wellness Councils of America
- Outstanding Community Service Award – Council of Community Services, Roanoke, Virginia
- Business Associate of the Year- American Business Women’s Association
Please contact Julie Lusk now.