Another one of my favorite yoga mudras is the Ring Finger Mudra. It’s especially helpful in the summer since it helps control body temperature. It does this since it works with the Chinese “triple warmer. ” There are times when I get too hot as well as times that I get chilled due to air conditioning. This hand gesture solves it. In addition to temperature control, it is also good for increasing stamina and feeling balanced and a steady equilibrium.
How to do the Ring Finger Mudra
- Sit, stand or lie down
- Encircle your left ring finger with the four fingers of your right hand – the right thumb extends to the middle of your left hand.
- Keep holding your finger for a while and feel the experience
- Next encircle your right ring finger and hold it for the same amount of time.
Benefits of the Ring Finger Mudra
- Gives stamina, staying power and the power to be assertive
- Associated with the deep meridian of the liver which provides patience, serenity, hope, and vision for the future
- Associated with the triple warmer which provides temperature control for the body, which in turn regulates cell function.
- Helps with maintaining equilibrium during stressful times
Reference: Mudras: Yoga in Your Hands by Gertrud Hirschi