Relaxing regularly and deeply is the perfect remedy to conquer stress.
The World Health Organization predicts that stress-related disorders and psychological disorders will be the second leading cause of disabilities in the world by 2020.
The good news is that we can each take action to prevent and/or cope with stress. It’s time to take stress seriously and learn to do things that really release stress and result in reducing muscular tension, regulating blood pressure and even relieving pain.
Is rest and relaxation a waste of time? Hardly!
- Isaac Newton made his breakthrough discovery on gravity while he was relaxing and watching apples fall from trees.
- Archimedes had his “eureka” moment in the bath tub.
- Albert Einstein was asked how he discovered the theory of relativity. He said, “I didn’t discover it. I meditated and it revealed itself.”
- Einstein also said, “Play is the best research.”
- “Imagination is more important than knowledge.”
Let’s define Guided Relaxation. It is a valuable tool for your stress relief toolbox.
The secret to gaining relaxed energy is to clear away the mental ruckus and emotional debris to make room for clear thinking. One of the easiest ways of doing this is through relaxing the muscular tension held in the body by tensing and releasing muscle groups throughout your body using a reliable technique known as progressive muscular relaxation. Doing so not only releases physical tension, it also teaches you the felt difference between tension and relaxation. By knowing this, you can catch physical tension early on and before it causes painful headaches, back problems and digestive trouble. A calming effect for the body, mind, emotions and spirit is awakened as well.
Progressive muscle relaxation, conscious breathing, creative visualization and guided imagery techniques are powerful techniques that are often incorporated into guided relaxation exercises.
Summary of Benefits
Guided relaxation will:
- Improve immunity
- Lower Stress
- Feel more refreshed; especially when you need it most
- Cellular rejuvenation and repair
- Better sleep
- More energy
- Greater mental clarity while reducing worry
- Increase creativity
- Enhance problem-solving and intuition
- Extra stamina and endurance
- More productivity
- Relieve pain
- Improve your outlook
- Better overall health
- And more!
Enjoy recorded guided relaxation & imagery on CD here.
Come to a guided relaxation & imagery workshop. See your choices here.