I woke up in the middle of the night not long ago with a headache. Ouch! It was piercing me right between the eyes. This is unusual for me and I was hurting and unhappy about it.
Well, I was snuggled under the covers and didn’t want to get up. Luckily, I thought of the yoga mudra for headaches. In no time at all, my head quit hurting and I was back sleeping once again. Since I didn’t look at the clock (that’s too depressing in the middle of the night), I woke up once more with a headache so I repeated the yoga mudra and it worked just as fast. The next morning I woke up feeling rested and no more headache.
How to do the Mahasirs Mudra for Headaches
- Place your ring finger into the fold of the thumb.
- Touch the tips of your thumb, index and middle finger.
- Keep the baby straight.
- Do this with both hands.
- Hold it as long as necessary.
Benefits of the Mahasirs Mudra
- Relieves tension
- Balances energy
- Eliminates mucus congestion in the frontal sinuses
- Quiets the senses and calms the emotions
This mudra is particularly good for sinus headaches. It is also calming, centering and clears your head bringing clarity.